QFHS is a federally-registered charity, supported solely by volunteers who help researchers, from beginners to experts, learn about their ancestors and heritage. We are funded by membership dues, fundraising events, and donations
Membership provides a great place to connect with people who share a common interest and to research, record and tell unique family stories about our ancestors who lived in Quebec, Canada, United States, British Isles, Western Europe, and elsewhere around the world.
Your support is important to us. Here is how you can help.
Membership - August 1 to July 31
Our membership year runs from August 1 to July 31. Payment received after May 31 will apply to the next membership year, beginning August 1.
Individual $75 One person
Family $75 Two people living at same address
Institutions $40 Library or Archival Centre
Two Payment Options
Mail — Complete the Membership Form and mail it to the QFHS with your cheque or money order.
Your donation will help support the field of family history. Donations help us purchase resources for our library, offer lectures, seminars, and other activities, and create databases.
Donations can be made by cheque or credit card, online or by mail.
- Come in and use our Heritage Centre and Library and its complete collection of specialized genealogical resources, including books, reference material, family histories, records on CD, microfilm, microfiche and several unique databases
- At the Heritage Centre and Library you have access to the complete world edition of Ancestry, Genealogie Quebec and the online digitized records of FamilySearch which are available only at designated family history centers
- Access to the members-only section of our website
- Increase your knowledge of how to research your family history
- Network with members to help solve research problems
- Attend genealogy-related events
- Special interest groups
- Support the study and preservation of genealogy in Quebec
- Discounts on research services
- Discounts on seminars, conferences and tours
- Receive our journal Connections
- Free publication of queries in our journal Connections
- Local members may borrow periodicals and genealogical magazines from other genealogical societies around the world in person for a period of 3 weeks
- Local members may borrow non-reference books from our library in person for a period of 3 weeks
- Receive email notifications about lectures, workshops, tours, conferences and other items of genealogical interest
- Members may make genealogical inquires by phone 514-695-1502 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org